Monday, July 27, 2009

It was a LONG weekend.

And not the kind of long as in, three days of no work. Rather I mean, the days seemed to last forever. Jonathan was at work most the weekend so it was just the kids, the pup and I. In our effort to keep busy without really having a plan, here is a round up of some of what we did, in no particular order:

• Walked the puppy, again and again, and again……
• Went for a hike with the kids. They complained. I got lost. Kept lying by telling them the car was right around the corner. Lots of fun!
• Made yogurt popsicles.
• Went to the bookstore to buy the book I had to return to the library because they wouldn’t let me renew it and I was not even halfway done. Realized I was too cheap to buy the book and bought my kids books instead. (Which is how I bribed them to go to the bookstore with me.)
• Tried to bribe my kids to take a nap. When that failed, I taught them how to massage my feet.
• Ran on the treadmill while Sweet Pea played DJ for me. Rockin’ out to Hannah Montana! WhoHooo! All the while listening to JJ scream from the other room, “IT’S TOO LOUD. I CAN’T HEAR THE TV!”
• Let Sweet Pea blow-dry my hair until she burned me with the hair dryer. Note to self: Don’t do that again until she is at least 10.
• Ignored ALL the laundry piling up on the floor.
• Arranged play dates for the kids so I could run to the AT&T store to exchange my dead and useless phone. Realized I spent my whole 2 hours of freedom dealing with the stupid phone and thought, “this was a waste!”
• Played scrabble games with the kids and realized JJ may be 10 before he learns to read. Not a lot of motivation there!
• Talked a lot about giving the puppy a bath. Never gave the puppy a bath.
• Called Jonathan a hundred times and asked him when he was coming home. (Okay, it wasn’t a hundred times. In fact it was probably only once or twice, but I wanted to call about a hundred times.)
• Taught the kids to act like statues when Lucy jumps and nips at them so she stops. Jason now behaves like a statue when I ask him to do something. No good deed goes unpunished.

I think there must have been more….but I don’t think it’s worth recalling since I can’t seem to remember it. It wasn’t a bad weekend, just random and kind of uneventful. We did have three lovely dinners out: One with just Jonathan and I. Another with friends. And one with family and friends.

If I didn’t have to go to work, I’d be psyched it's Monday.

No comments: