Friday, July 10, 2009

The good news is that Lucy slept all night without a peep. The bad news is that the WE woke HER up at 5:30 AM. Yep, ah uh, 5 freakin' 30. Jonathan got up around then to bike and Sweet Pea and JJ were already downstairs before he left at 6.

What is wrong with my family?? Jonathan nor I had to work today. In fact, it was the last day for awhile where we were both kind of in vacation mode. (If vacation mode is possible with a puppy.) Could we not just sleep in and enjoy a leisurely morning? Oh no, we had to be up at the crack of dawn (literally) starting our day. And it wasn't pretty either. The whining (by the kids, not the puppy) was at an all time high. We went to walk Lucy at 6:45. I was happy to go alone but no suck luck. Both kids insisted on coming with me, probably so I would not miss any of their racket. JJ whined the whole time that he needed a band aid for something....I have no idea what. He thinks anything that hurts can be cured with a band aid. Abby was complaining she was cold and hungry, despite the fact I had already made her pancakes. A lovely walk.

I'm all for Jonathan's early morning bike rides. Heck, I am even a self-proclaimed morning person. But that does not mean I want to be up with two kids and a dog who are all ready for a nap by 8:00 AM.

All I can say is thank heavens for coffee....and camp!

No comments: