Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Twitter or not to twitter

I am tempted to join Twitter, primarily because, well, everyone seems to be doing it. (Good reason, don't ya think?) But I have not yet been able to bring myself to join. Does anyone care what I am doing minute to minute? Why would anyone follow me?

I had this same concern with Facebook which I eventually gave into. It took me a while to make use of the status updates, for the same reason: Does anyone really care what I am doing? Then I realized, I don't really care what others are doing but is still fun to read about what they're doing. UPDATE: Ironically, just after I posted this, I read this article which is exactly what I'm trying to say.

The other concern is that it's just another thing to get caught up with and addicted to. I'm already guilty of spending too much time on my computer.

On the flip side, it could be a very good networking tool and many people seem to be using it for that purpose.


What do you think? Do you use Twitter?

No comments: