Friday, September 24, 2010

I think I might be the worst stay at home mom....

My house is a mess. I cannot seem to keep up with the laundry. My kids come home from school and though I have had all day to myself, I really just want to watch Oprah. It is her last season you know.

The problem is, when you have so much time its hard to motivate because you can always do it later. It similar to when I was in high school. The semesters I was busy doing extra curricular activities were always the semesters I did best in school. You were forced to budget your time and get things done when you had the chance. When I was not so busy, there was more time to procrastinate, and thus I was less efficient.

It's not that I am not doing anything....I am busy. I do structure my day; I go to the gym, take the dog out for her exercise, go to the grocery store more times then I care to admit, spend some time networking and looking for jobs. But these boring mundane household tasks, I just cannot motivate to do them.

The good news, I am able to cook more. I made this delicious lemon, shrimp and asparagus risotto for dinner the other night. Of course the kids would not eat it....but Jonathan and I enjoyed it. I love risotto and rarely make it anymore. We just don't do the carb dinners as much as we used to. But this is worth it once in a while. The ultimate comfort food if you ask me.

No comments: