Monday, September 20, 2010

Creative Minds

After accusing my children of lying to me about brushing their teeth, JJ said to me,

"Mom, we're not lying, we're ACTING!"

Clever....very cleaver.

**************************************************
We, along with the rest of the world, went apple picking this weekend. I think I am over apple picking. It seems absurd to me to pay $30+ for apples. Most of which will never make it out of the bag. There are just too many to eat. And too many to put into pies. And nobody wants your apples, or you apple pie, because they have their own apples and apple pie.

It's fun as an outing, unless of course you go on Yom Kippur, which is what we did. Thus we could not even eat the apples, or more importantly, the cider donuts they sell at the orchard. This is a mistake I will not make again. That is, assuming by this time next year I forget what a rip off it is, and go back...which is usually the case.

1 comment:

kim landis said...

Hi Wendy,

This has nothing to do with this post, but is an answer to the question on your bio. (I landed here because of the time urgency impatience syndrome thing that my dad has.) Anyway, when you mentioned chaos and asked for ideas, I couldn't help but think you might benefit from FlyLady.

The monthly habit we're working on for September is a bed time routine to help us not freak out in the mornings. Anyway, I hope she ends up helping you out as much as she helps me, although that might destroy the whole concept of your blog!