Monday, September 14, 2009

It seems that along with starting kindergarten JJ has also developed a new level of assertiveness, for lack of a better word. The other day we were talking about something (about what I cannot remember) and he was going on, on, and on. I interrupted him to essentially cut to the chase and give him a response. But before I had a chance to complete my thought he said, with a very serious face, "Mommy, I was talking. Let me finish." I apologized, bowed my head in shame, and let him continue, as painful as it was.

Then, last night, he crawled into our bed at some ridiculous hour of the night. Actually, I'm not even sure it was night, it could have been at 5 AM but really, at that time, might as well still be night. As he snuggled up to me he said, "Mommy could you schooch over just a bit, I don't really have much room here." Had I not been SO tired, I would have of course said, "NO! Take your little butt back to YOUR bed where you can have all the space you want." But at the moment that would have required way too much energy, so I did the only other thing I could do which was schooch over.

I then slept for the rest of the night (however long that was) with his knees wedged into my back. I can still feel the knots.

No comments: