Thursday, May 29, 2008

My soon-to-be four year old son has turned the corner

And it’s not the corner I was hoping for. The terrible 2’s that he totally missed, and that his sister started at 18 months, is setting in. But as a soon-to-be four year old, here is what it sounds like:

“You want a piece of me?” Incidentally when I asked him where he heard that, he named some new kid at school. Great!

“You are the worst mommy EVER!” A title I am very proud to hold.

“I’m going to poop on you.” And every thing else that crosses his path.

He says to Jonathan and I, as we try to help him put on his pajamas because you know sometimes it is so painful (and time consuming) to watch. “Stop it, you meddling kids!” He got this one from Scooby Doo. Note to self: This is precisely why some kids are not allowed to watch TV. Some thing to think about.

Though to be fair, I have to say, some times the sweetest things come out of his mouth like, “Mommy, you dress so beautiful.” And thus is how he gets away with all the other stuff. That and those dimples!

No comments: