Thursday, August 12, 2010

Love (NOT!) Letters

Dear Costco,

Please do not fill your store with candy, toys and flannel sheets, when it is mid-August. Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah, and winter, are months away. To put these things in your store now only makes us feel bitter. Can you not just let us enjoy with is left of summer? Do we really need to be reminded of the dismal winter ahead and of all the things we have to do come September. Really?

I promise, we will come when the time is right. But that time is not now and you would be much better served by showcasing the margarita mix and tanning lotion. I would buy it just to keep the hope alive that summer lives on.

Sincerely,
Pissed off Customer

***********
Dear Guy at Costco who I know was only trying to help,

Please do not help me again. Yes, I appreciate your efforts to help me lift that heavy carton filled with diet coke. But when you dropped it HARD, in my cart, one of the cans popped open. When I got to the car, the carton was flooded with diet coke and leaked all over the place. I had to go back into the store and return it for another one. So next time you try to help, please do not.

Sincerely,
Not so grateful woman, who by the way is a lot stronger than I look.

**********
Dear Gisele,
I really meant to write this sooner - sorry for the delay.

Yes, you are pretty. Yes, you are rich. Yes, your husband is HOT. But no, that does not mean you can impose your opinions about motherhood on the rest of the world. You have been a mother all of.....a few months. Right?

I am so glad that breast feeding went well for you. But surely you can understand how it may not for some mothers and that it should clearly be a CHOICE that every woman has. You get that, right? Because it would be a shame to think someone so pretty, and rich, and talented, is really not so smart.

Sincerely,
Just another mom who tried to breast feed and got mastitis twice before giving up AND still tried to breast feed the second time around.

********
Dear Self,

Please stop telling yourself you want a job that you don't really want. It just makes the whole thing that much more frustrating when you don't get the job.

Now go, find something you love do and find a way to make money doing it. Go...go now....and stop telling yourself its never going to happen!

Sincerely,
Self

WooHOO - I feel so much better now!

No comments: