Friday, June 27, 2008

My Dearest JJ:

It feels like just a short time ago that I wrote about you turning 3. My how the year has flown, and in the process you turned from a toddler, into a curious, clever, funny 4 year old big boy.

The things that make you so special are too numerous to write, but when I think about you when you were three, here are the things I will remember most:

1) How you giggle in your sleep as if you have just seen the funniest thing. (And I know this because you are often right next to me in my bed - something else I will always remember about you being three, though perhaps not as fondly.)

2) They way you say "a long day ago," instead of "a long time ago."

3) How whenever you get excited about something or anxious to say something, you unconsciously sign repeating with your hands the word "more."

4) How when you talk about you sister, Sweet Pea, you refer to her as "My Sweet Pea."

5) The way you insist on having your dessert next to you WHILE you eat dinner, even ice cream.

6) The way you go through days insisting everyone call you Spider-Man, refusing to answer to your real name.

7) The serious look that over comes your face when you step up to the plate to swing at a baseball - your "game face."

8) That you can barely finish a chicken nugget but managed to wolf down an entire ice cream cone.

9) The way you can lie almost better than anyone else I know, except for me.

10) The way you give me a hug and kiss every day when I drop you off at pre-school, as if you cannot go on with your day until we have our moment together.

Happy Birthday baby! (Also something you will not tolerate being called.)

No comments: