Friday, June 18, 2010

Rules for Parents at School Functions

Over the past couple weeks there have been many, MANY end of the year school functions. Sweet Pea has provided me a set of rules I am to follow when attending such functions with her:

1) No hugs or kisses. Obviously.
2) No whispering to her.
3) No singing - even if everyone else is singing.
4) No talking about boys.
5) Do not be embarrassing in any way.

I am troubled she felt she had to set these "rules" for me, though the only I really struggled with was number 3 - no singing. When there was a group song at her class picnic and I started to sing she gave me a look of death. Guess I won't be doing that again.

So far the only one JJ seems to be in agreement with is number (1) - which has been very clear to me all year. When the bus arrives to pick him for school I have to suffer with simply a wave....

It's not easy being a parent.

No comments: